- Notebook is now under the “Studio” section.
- The header height of some of the sections is significantly reduced.
- World submenu sections are now collapsed unless clicked to expand.
- “Switch to“ message does not appear unless you have more than one world/campaign/character.
Renovated community pages
- Community homepage is now on the HOMEPAGE of World Anvil, even for non-logged-in users.
- Featured article is now on the dashboard and links to the community page in addition to the article.
- A COMPLETELY new page displays the last 36 published articles over 300 words.
- The brand new “Manuscripts” section features our very first out of the oven Manuscript.
- Statblocks, Challenges, and the upcoming Manuscripts are not on the same new navigation for the community.
- The Worlds Community page has been slightly redesigned.
- Faster navigation to explore and discover new curated content.
- Featured Worlds Section is now visible.
Renovated World Statblocks Interface
- “Your Statblocks” page now is in the WORLD MENU to make it easier to access
- Access the Community Shared statblocks from your “Your Statblocks” page
- If you are a Grandmaster+ you now have a link to create new statblock templates for the system(s) you have chosen for your world from the “Statblocks page”
- In order to make the sidebar shorter and clearer, the Community Statblocks page is now under “Community“
Map Marker Creation Upgrades
- Grandmasters+ can now make a marker draggable from the quick creation popup.
- The popup originally showed the title and the marker type only. Once you have selected both you get all the options!
- The location that options appear is reshuffled based on what it was used more by most.
- CSS is redesigned to make the font smaller and some of the actions clearer.
HTML Map Markers
In essence, this means over 8000 new icons are available for you AND any image or magic you want. Go on, get styling!
World Anvil’s Public API
If you are Journeyman and above (in celebration of World Anvil’s new alliance with FoundryVTT) and interested in developing an application and/or helping to make the API something useful to you, message Dimitris (via Discord or email: firstname.lastname@example.org) to get your application key.
Dimitris will be adding/improving nodes for existing entities, as well as adding new endpoints! Check out the documentation for more upcoming updates!
Here are some example API endpoints and entities you can currently utilize:
Images & Files Improvements
New Character Sheets
Dishonored Tabletop RPG
Exalted 3rd Edition Tabletop RPG
Unofficial Elder Scrolls Online 3e
star trek adventures: spaceship sheet
‘Quality of Life’ Improvements
- Character articles and Heroes now have a new entry for “Age“. This is for those that do not want to delve into the date of birth calculations or you have time-travelers in your worlds.
- The article “saving success” message now includes the actual time the article was saved.
- Map Pins can now link to Categories.