“Love does not dominate; it cultivates.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Challenges of 2020
“I’m much more me when I’m with you.” – Anonymous
Did you know that the community challenges have changed since last year?
Now you have a whole month to join in on them and the prizes are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! The lucky winners will get published in the worldbuilding magazine, how awesome is that?
The new challenges are a month long to enter, but the judging period is a month long as well. The flash challenges have returned to keep you company while you wait for the winner announcements and the new challenge.
First Flash Challenge of 2020 – Love seasons
“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” – Charles Schulz
Today marks the start of this year’s first Flash Challenge. You have until the 19th to write and post your article entry links in the comments of this post.
Pick one of your cultures and write about a holiday that focuses on love. If your culture has a calendar, mark the season and link the calendar in the article. (Click here for a guide to the calendar feature) You do not need to do it but it would be fun. 🙂
How do they spend the holiday with their family? Their pets? A spouse or spouses? What do they do during the holiday? Is it more than one day? What’s the history of this tradition? Is it in celebration of a great man? (hints at previous flash challenges during this time of the year)
Janet & Dimitris will pick their favorites and share them on stream.
“In family life, love is the oil that eases friction, the cement that binds closer together, and the music that brings harmony.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
– First, you need a World Anvil account.
– Write about a love holiday celebrated in one or several of your cultures. Use the tradition template.
– Minimum of 300 words and a maximum of 1500 words.
– One article per account, one person per account.
– The article needs to be public.
– The article needs to be submitted before the 19th of February, at 11:59PM GMT (the site time, look at the bottom of almost all pages of WorldAnvil.)
Grab your hammer and go world build!