It’s time for our second Flash Challenge in April. This time we will get to use the Document, Organization or Geographical location template. You can, of course, write articles for all three of the templates and submit your favorite article.
“I thought about how there are two types of secrets: the kind you want to keep in, and the kind you don’t dare to let out.”
Does your world have a location that is fabled? An area where nobody is allowed to enter if they don’t have the right clearance? What would happen if people stormed that area?
What is the area hiding? Who has that information and why? Does your world have hidden libraries with information that his forbidden? Will the information hidden on these pages spark a revolution?
Why is nobody allowed to read or listen to that information? Is there a secret organization hiding this information? Or is the secret organization the ones who are trying to free the forbidden information?
“Three may keep a secret if two of them are dead.”
– First, you need a World Anvil account.
– Write about a secret document that is either unknown or illegal, a secret society or geographical location that hides secrets. Use the Document, Organization or Geographical location template.
– Minimum of 300 words and a maximum of 1500 words.
– One article per account, one person per account.
– The article needs to be public.
– The article needs to be submitted before the 29th of April, at 11:59PM GMT (the site time, look at the bottom of almost all pages of WorldAnvil.)
– Post a link to your article in a comment to this blog post. Do not fret if your post isn’t visible right away. I will have to approve it before it shows and I will be doing that around twice a day.
“We hunger in earnest for that which we cannot consume.”
-The pride of having finished an article.
-Fun with friends, if you haven’t joined the discord do so and join in on the fun on the #challenge-discussion channel. (#sync-your-roles to see it)
-Janet and Dimitris will show off a couple of the entries on a stream over at the WorldAnvil Twitch channel when there is time. If you aren’t already following it jump on over there and give it a follow, that way you won’t miss out on any of the WorldAnvil streams.
“Vicious actions are not hurtful because they are forbidden, but forbidden because they are hurtful.”
Next challenge is the May challenge, look forward to it. I know I do. 🙂
For the rest of the year we have several different kinds of challenges in different formats, check them out on this blog post: Worldbuilding challenges on WorldAnvil in 2020.
GRAB YOUR HAMMER AND GO WORLD BUILD!
Cover image by Elliot Brown