⚙️ New and upgraded features
Here’s what’s new this month!
- ✨ Autosave expansion: the auto-save will now work in the world meta as well as in character journals! As always, you have the manual saving button available too.
- 🎲 RPG systems: we have a bunch of new supported character sheets!
- Storybook system: creature sheet. Check out an example.
- Symbaroum (Free League): character sheet. Check out an example.
- Capharnaum (Mindjammer Press): character sheet. Check out an example.
- Dragonbane (Free League): character sheet. Check out an example.
Credit for all of these sheets goes to Tillerz, from the World Anvil community!
- 📜 New document type: “textbook” has been added in the Type drop-down of the Document template.
- 🦣 Mastodon profile link: if you have a Mastodon account, you can now add it to your World Anvil profile.
🗓️ Upcoming and ongoing events
Here are all challenges and events that are happening in March!
- 🏆 Worldbuilding Awards Vote: the community vote for the Worldbuilding Awards is live! Check out nominees, get inspired by their content, and vote your favorites! You have time until March 16th to vote in the voting form!
- 🌍 Worldbuilding Con: this is the first-ever virtual Worldbuilding Con for gaming & fiction! Join industry experts like Tracy Hickman, Keith Baker, Gail Carriger & Mary Robinette Kowal on March 18th and 19th on twitch.tv/worldanvil (for free!). Check out the full details.
- 🎓 No Sage Seminar: if you’re a Sage of the Guild, don’t expect a Sage Seminar this month, as we’ll be running Worldbuilding Con!
There won’t be any challenges this month. We heard from Forge the Future that you wanted more free time for worldbuilding, so use this month to delve deeper into any areas of your worlds that you’d like to expand! Here’s the event schedule for the next three months:
🎙️ Season 4 of our Podcast is here!
We’ve started season 4 of our Worldbuilding Podcast! Tune back in from episode 25, where we chat with Celeste Conowitch, senior game designer at Kobold Press, about RPG monster creation. Check it out on Spotify as well as on your favorite podcast platform!
🌟 Community highlight
What would you do if the world ended in 52 years? This is the premise of Dimday Red, an alternate Earth timeline by Spiros Drakatos in which the planet is progressively getting closer and closer to the sun. It’s an awesome premise with incredible execution—the setting and RPG quickstart bundle was funded in under one hour on Kickstarter! Check out the Kickstarter campaign and the world on World Anvil.
Want to get monthly news by email? Sign up for the monthly newsletter in your World Anvil account features!
Is there a way to request a game system?
Hi! Statblocks are a community project, so it’s up to someone in our community to volunteer and create a template for your system! If you would like to ask in our community, you could join our Discord server: https://worldanvil.com/discord