Summer Camp season is over, and a new month starts! Let’s look at the latest developments and news for this month on World Anvil.
⚙️ New and upgraded features
Here’s what’s new this month in the dev space!
- ⚙️ New API: the first Release Candidate of the new API (codenamed Boromir) is out for Alchemists This will let our community create apps and utilities around World Anvil more easily and we’re so excited to see what you all create with it!
- 🌚 Updated dark theme: we have a new default dark theme, called Marianna Trench! It’s a desaturated version of Terror from the Deep to make the dark experience easier on your eyes.
- 🐸 It’s easy being green! You may have noticed some small design upgrades around World Anvil, particularly more green buttons. This is to align the design between different parts of the website by setting clear colors for actions. In this case, Green = Create!
- 🎨 Other interface changes: we have made minor changes to other areas of the interface to make your experience smoother.
- 🎲 Character sheet updates. The character sheets for the following RPG systems have been improved: Basic Roleplaying, Fantasy AGE, Cypher, Numenera, The Strange, and Vaesen.
🗓️ Upcoming and ongoing events
Stand by for our September events!
- 🐈 Treasured Companions: this is the competition we’re running this month! You have until the 23rd to write about a companion or friend of a major character who also had a big influence on the world. Check out the details!
- 🎓 Sage Seminar: This month’s Sage Seminar, “Designing the Unforgettable”, will be run by TJ Trewin and is all about visual design for your world! It will take place along with the Inner Sanctum meeting on the third Saturday of the month, September 16th at the usual time. Find the link in the Professional Portal.
Here’s the event schedule for the next three months:
📺 More tutorials!
We’ve heard many of you want more tutorials, so we’ve started producing a new wave of them! Expect new tutorials on our YouTube channel in the upcoming weeks, like this one:
🌟 Community highlight
This month, let’s take a look at one of the most beautiful worlds of 2022! Malkora is a world amidst chaos and imbalance brought upon by a violent crusade after millennia of peace. Filled with opportunity and hidden truths, it’s a great setting to explore with your players in an RPG campaign. Check out Malkora, by Strixxline!
Want to get monthly news by email? Sign up for the monthly newsletter in your World Anvil account features!