Cheers! Kanpai! Skål! Salud! Alcohol has existed for several thousands of years in our world. Does it exist in yours? If not, then you can write about a non-alcoholic beverage. This challenge is about a special beverage or beverage festival in your world.
“To alcohol! The cause of… and solution to… all of life’s problems”
There is evidence of alcoholic beverages existing as early as around 7000 B.C in our world and other beverages have existed since almost forever. Over these years, several different cultures have put their own spin on beverages and their traditions. For instance, the Japanese Sake made of rice or the festivals that celebrate alcoholic beverages, like the German beer festival Oktoberfest.
What is the origin of alcohol in your world? Is alcohol only consumed in a specific part of your world? Does alcohol exist at all? Who drinks this specific beverage? How is it made? Why is it made? Does a specific person or organization profit from its use or creation? Is it used in a tradition? In several traditions? Do the people who consume the beverage say something to each other when they consume it, like “cheers”?
“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”
– First, you need a World Anvil account.
– Write about a beverage or a festival using alcoholic beverages. Use the item or tradition template.
– Minimum of 300 words and a maximum of 1500 words.
– One article per account, one person per account.
– The article needs to be public.
– Submit the article before the 14th of October, at 11:59PM GMT (the site time, look at the bottom of almost all pages of WorldAnvil.)
– Post a link to your article in a comment to this blog post. Do not fret if your post isn’t visible right away. I will have to approve of it before it shows and I will be doing that twice a day.
“Scotch whisky is made from barley and the morning dew on angel’s nipples.”
-The pride of having finished an article.
-Fun with friends, if you haven’t joined the discord do so and join in on the fun on the #challenge-discussion channel. (#sync-your-roles to see it)
-Janet and Dimitris will show off a couple of the entries on a stream over at the WorldAnvil Twitch channel when there is time. If you aren’t already following it jump on over there and give it a follow, that way you won’t miss out on any of the WorldAnvil streams.
“Every star that lights up the sky, every bee pollinating the flowers, every pet asking for a treat exposes us to energy that echoes throughout our universe.”
Waiting for WorldEmber? Missed Summer camp? We have several different kinds of challenges throughout this year. Check out our other challenges here: Worldbuilding challenges on WorldAnvil in 2020.
For more inspiration, you can also check out one of our previous. Our Pollinators challenge might combine nicely with this one (mead, anyone?), or how about one of the April flash challenges? Day of Tricks and Forbidden knowledge.
Grab your hammer and go worldbuild!